Apply Now: ThinkIT Young Professional Scholars Program
Deadline is March 1st.
Genesys Works Twin Cities invites you to apply for the Think IT Young Professional Scholarship! This program includes an $8,000 scholarship over two years ($4,000 each year) and is exclusively for our alumni who are in college, are pursuing a bachelor’s degree, and demonstrate financial need. The scholarship may be used for any cost of attendance at an eligible college or university, including but not limited to tuition, fees, books, room and board, etc. Recipients will also receive personal and professional advising services from the Wallin Education Partners to ensure college success and a mentor through Think IT Association for professional development opportunities. See below for more details on this opportunity!
WHO CAN APPLY?
All Genesys Works alumni who:
- Are not a Wallin Education Partners Scholar.
- Are first year or sophomore year college students.
- Are currently enrolled full-time in college and pursuing a bachelor’s degree at a public or private not-for-profit college or university in MN, IA, WI, SD, or ND or an HBCU anywhere in the country.
- Students who are currently enrolled at a community college and plan to transfer to a four-year college for Fall 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- Have a college GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- If selected, scholars will need to maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher to continue in the program.
- Demonstrate a significant financial need with a family taxable income of $75,000 or less.
- Have an interest in pursuing an IT-related major or career field (preferred but not required).
HOW TO APPLY?
You will need to complete an online application. The application also requires one recommendation, college transcript, and other financial information.
To begin your application, visit: https://wallinpartners.academicworks.com/opportunities/603. Click Apply to the right. If you do not have an existing account, you will be prompted to sign-up. Once you have verified your email address you will be redirected to complete the application. You do not need to finish the online application in one sitting; you can save your progress, exit, and return at any time during the application period.
For detailed instructions on how to apply please refer to the Think IT Applicant System Guide.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY:
- A copy of your Fall 2018 college transcript. Transcripts must include current term GPA and cumulative GPA. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable
- An updated copy of your resume
- A copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from your 2019-2020 FAFSA. If you are unable to complete the FAFSA, you can complete a financial information form
- The name and email address of one recommender. A recommender can be a supervisor, college professor, or mentor (you should ask permission from your recommender first, so reach out to them soon!)
- Genesys Works staff cannot serve as a recommender for this scholarship.
- A personal essay and short responses to a few additional questions
The deadline for the 2019 application is Friday, March 1st at 11:59pm
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Britney Hayes, College Success Specialist