Chicago Associates Board
The Genesys Works Associates Board (GWAB) is a group of dedicated supporters who fundraise, volunteer, and participate in events to support the mission of Genesys Works. GWAB members enjoy many activities and benefits, including:
- Joining volunteer opportunities like our Resume Workshop, Design Thinking Day, and Career Panels.
- Networking at quarterly Happy Hours with Associates Board members.
- Receiving discounted admission at select fundraising events.
- Mentoring GWC alumni.
- Getting involved in leadership opportunities and serving on the Executive Council to help direct the GWAB strategy.
During the summer, our Young Professionals spend 8-weeks in training; learning both technical and professional skills. The cost of training one student is $5,000. By becoming a member of the Genesys Works Associates Board, you will help support skills training for more than 200 students.
Select a membership level:
In order to be contacted with more information and to be put on our mailing list, please fill out our Associates Board application.
Calendar of Events
The Executive Council is the leadership team responsible for overseeing the efforts of the Associates Board. All positions are 1-year terms with the option to serve an additional year. Executive Council General Responsibilities include:
- Recruit 2-5 new members annually.
- Maintain active/paid membership throughout the entire term. Contributions in the form of event tickets or sponsorship, or cash donations.
- Attend at least 80% of monthly Executive Council meetings (typically 1 hour, held on a weekday evening and can be attended remotely via conference call when necessary).
- Fulfill assigned leadership role by coordinating activities planned by the Executive Council members.
- Moji Akinde, Executive Assistant – Private Wealth Management, CIBC (GWAB Vice Chair)
- Luke Elder, Private Equity Associate, Wind Point Partners (GWAB Membership Chair)
- Samantha Galainena, Consultant, Deloitte
- Chris Kiriakou, Senior Associate, Crestline Denali Capital
- Meghan MacFadden, Talen Acquisition Recruiter, Hillrom (GWAB Chair)
- Mudessir Mohammed, AQL Technologies
- T.O. Odutayo, Associate Attorney, Thompson Coburn LLP
- Molly Ryanmiller, Business Analyst, Manager, Deloitte (GWAB Events Chair)
Apply for this Executive Council position here.