Chicago Associates Board
Who are we?
The Genesys Works Associates Board (GWAB) is a group of dedicated supporters who fundraise, volunteer, and participate in events to support the mission of Genesys Works. GWAB members enjoy many activities and benefits, including:
- Joining volunteer opportunities like our Resume Workshop, Design Thinking Day, and Career Panels.
- Networking at quarterly Happy Hours with Associates Board members and our Board of Directors.
- Receiving discounted admission at select fundraising events.
- Mentoring GWC alumni.
- Getting involved in leadership opportunities and serving on the Executive Council to help direct the GWAB strategy.
- Moji Akinde, Executive Assistant to the CEO, Green Courte Partners (GWAB Vice Chair)
- Lauren Cano-Granada, Business Intelligence Solution Analyst, Berkley Select
- Aaron Deal, Associate for Diversity & Inclusion, CIBC
- Luke Elder, Private Equity Associate, Wind Point Partners (GWAB Membership Chair)
- Samantha Galainena, Director, Client Development, RGP
- Chris Kiriakou, Senior Research Analyst, Aegon Asset Management
- Meghan MacFadden, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, Cresco Labs (GWAB Chair)
- Mudessir Mohammed, AQL Technologies
- T.O. Odutayo, Associate Attorney, Thompson Coburn LLP
- Maaz Qureshi, Data Scientist, The Northridge Group
- Molly Ryanmiller, Business Analyst, Manager, Deloitte (GWAB Events Chair)
- Mike Stergos, Account Manager, Indirect Sales Distribution, Verizon
What do we do?
The Genesys Works Associates Board (GWAB) holds one event per month. These events fall into one of three categories: Volunteering, Meeting, or Networking/Fundraising.
- Volunteer events provide opportunities for our Associates Board members to meet and serve our young professionals. Previous volunteer events have included assisting with resume workshops, scholarship and college essay writing workshops, and mock job interviews.
- Meetings allow our Executive Council and other invited Associates Board members plan networking, volunteer, and fundraising events. These meetings are typically 1 hour and held on a weekday evening. These can be attended remotely or in person.
- Networking/Fundraising events provide opportunities for our Associates Board members to network with each other and our organization’s Board of Directors. Networking and fundraising events include our Holiday Fundraiser, networking happy hours, and member events.
What is the commitment for an Associates Board member?
GWAB members are expected to build awareness and promote the mission of Genesys Works. Members are also expected to remain in an active/paid membership standing throughout the year (see more below, under “Membership”), attend and invite your networks to GWAB events, and help build the Associates Board community by continuously advocating for our cause and recruiting new members.
There is no minimum time commitment for meetings and/or events, but members are encouraged to attend at least 2 events per year. If members are interested in getting more involved, they can consider applying for an Executive Council role (information below).
During the summer, our Young Professionals spend 8-weeks in training; learning both technical and professional skills. The cost of training one student is $5,000. By becoming a member of the Genesys Works Associates Board, you will help support skills training for more than 200 students.
Members are expected to make either a monthly contribution to their membership fee ($25) or pay their membership fee annually in one lump sum ($250). There is also a Lifetime membership level available, where members can contribute a larger amount ($1,000) as a one-time donation, or a Corporate membership ($2,500), which includes unlimited annual memberships for anyone at your company.
Select a membership level:
Annual – The year of membership starts the day you submit your payment and lasts one full year from that date ( i.e. 9/27/19 – 9/27/20).
How do I get involved?
In order to be contacted with more information and to be put on our mailing list, please fill out our Associates Board application.
How can I expand my commitment?
If you’re interested in expanding your commitment to Genesys Works, consider joining the Executive Council, the leadership team responsible for overseeing and governing the efforts of the Associates Board. Executive Council members have increased responsibilities compared with general Associates Board members (outlined below). The Executive Council positions are elected for 1-year terms with the option to serve an additional year. Executive Council responsibilities include:
- Recruit 2-5 new members annually.
- Maintain active/paid membership throughout the entire term. Contributions in the form of event tickets or sponsorship, or cash donations.
- Attend at least 80% of monthly Executive Council meetings (typically 1 hour, held on a weekday evening and can be attended remotely via conference call when necessary).
- Fulfill assigned leadership role by coordinating activities planned by the Executive Council members.