Position: Account Coordinator
Employment Type: Full Time Exempt
Location: Twin Cities Office (Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul)
Reports to: Program Manager
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
Lead, motivate, supervise, and mentor youth through a corporate internship experience while also managing relationships with key corporate stakeholders in the Twin Cities tech community. Students enter the program as rising high school seniors and graduate 14 months later as self-confident individuals after completing a meaningful corporate internship. The Account Coordinator is responsible for training and coaching Genesys Works interns’ through their internship experience while building and maintaining strong relationships with the interns’ workplace supervisors and other key corporate stakeholders.
Direct student coaching and support:
- Manage a cohort of 30+ young professionals in their year-long internship, specifically focused on workplace activities with one of our largest partners.
- Think creatively about how to manage and engage a large cohort of interns at a single corporate partner site.
- Work one-on-one with students to develop trusting relationships through mentoring and encouragement throughout the program, facilitating long-term individual and program success.
- Maintain metrics and student benchmarks throughout the program to measure and assure student success in training, and in the workplace.oActively monitor student intern performance in the workplace and deliver student evaluations based on overall performance.
- As needed, collaborate with your interns’ College Coordinator to ensure they are supported and on track to meet programmatic benchmarks and goals.oCoach interns on how to successfully balance school, work, and life during internship.
- Actively lead and influence corporate partner events and initiatives throughout the year. This could include activities such as intern-of-the-month, Quarterly Business Reviews, and the end of year celebration.
- Work closely with Corporate Partnership Team and partner champion to influence overall client management and renewal strategy
- Manage relationships with intern supervisors, reacting quickly to intern concerns, and helping to build a Genesys Works supervisor brand and cohort feel within a partner site.
- Develop and share best practices related to large partner client management and student internship experience with the broader PC team
- In collaboration with the corporate partnership team, move the dial on the corporate partner score card—alum engagement, year to year growth, strong champion, supervisor and intern satisfaction, persistence, event participation and attendance
Professional skills training and coaching:
- Teach our professional skills curriculum to students during an eight-week summer training program.
- Develop relationships with school administrators related to cohort of interns to ensure deliverance of exceptional service and student issues are dealt with as quickly and effectively as possible
- Deep belief in organizational mission;
- Professional demeanor and 3+ years of professional experience working in business, education, workforce development or in working with youth in underserved communities;
- Passion for building meaningful partnerships and drive for building meaningful relationships;
- Ability and passion around influencing key program stakeholders;
- Experience in project management, event planning, and/or curriculum development;
- Strong presence and leadership in instructional or group setting;
- Ability to manage 30-35student cases/files;
- Ability to work independently while simultaneously maintaining a team focus;
- Strong sense of accountability for both student achievement and personal development;
- Ability to problem-solve and handle student crises;
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations in diverse settings (e.g. students, corporate personnel and school administrators);
- Ability to work with computers and databases;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
- Must pass a background check;
- A current driver’s license and reliable access to a car with current insurance;
- Four-year college degree, all majors considered.
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; reaching; stooping; kneeling;and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Genesys Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Company-paid Life and Disability insurance
403(b) retirement plan with company matching