Location is flexible but Houston, TX; Chicago, IL; Washington, D.C.; Twin Cities, MN; New York, NY; or Bay
Area, CA are preferred.
Reports to: Chief Strategy + Innovation Officer
Genesys Works is a national social enterprise sparking sustainable futures for high school students in underserved communities. By providing rising seniors skills training, meaningful work experiences, and connections to professional networks, we are helping young adults onto a path to economic self-sufficiency and a lifetime of career success. Currently in 6 cities across the country, we are positioning ourselves for future growth and impact. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes data-driven impact and improvement to join the National team as Associate Director of Impact (ADI), reporting to the Chief Strategy + Innovation Officer.
The ADI role is central to Genesys Works’ commitment to measure, evaluate and improve program effectiveness to ensure more students have the opportunity to achieve economic self-sufficiency and remain on a path to lifelong career success. This position will be responsible for developing and managing all aspects of program evaluation and outcomes measurement that provide Genesys Works with a clear understanding of impact.
In addition to driving a data-informed approach to our programmatic impact, you will be the resident measurement and evaluation guru, and introduce data-informed approaches to other aspects of our work, including our corporate sales strategy, fundraising management, organizational KPIs, and people analytics. This is an exciting opportunity with a lot of growth potential for a creative and dynamic leader.
In your first 3 months you will:
- Develop strong working relationships across the organization and quickly build trust and credibility with national and local staff
- Become well-versed in the Genesys Works program model to deeply understand our desired impact with our Young Professionals and our partners
- Perform a variety of tasks from scrubbing data, writing qualitative results, creating presentations to effectively share info, and supporting the efforts to drive work forward while learning our systems and processes
- Familiarize yourself with our strategic plan, with a particular focus on understanding how you can support our innovation and learning agenda, and other initiatives that require ongoing assessment
In your first 6 months you will:
- Assume ownership of all existing measurement and evaluation projects, and begin to identify opportunities to use data to drive better short and long term student outcomes
- Own the Measurement Plan, ensuring that our students are meeting the milestones and overall outcomes needed to drive long-term upward mobility, including programmatic success, college acceptance/enrollment/persistence/graduation, and employment/ salary data
- Work cross-functionally to build out a universal dashboard and reporting process for agreed upon National KPIs
- Provide support to externally facing teams in sharing critical metrics, progress, and impact with funders, corporate partners, board members, and other external stakeholders
- Partner with People Ops to apply a data driven approach to high impact areas including hiring, staff development and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives
- Partner with other functional leads to ensure the right data is collected with integrity utilizing the right technology, and that all relevant staff are trained to effectively capture that data
By the end of the first year you will:
- Build trusting relationships with staff across all levels and geographies and establish yourself as the “go to” person for measurement and evaluation
- Support Genesys Works in adopting a data-driven culture that cuts across all strategic initiatives and student programming
- Engage with program staff and leadership to ensure that programmatic performance indicators are optimized for quality program management, clear measurement of progress and meaningful understanding of impact
- Oversee collection of program data and analyze it for trends, advise on data quality, and communicate data findings to staff using various reporting and analysis tools to inform decisions
- Provide support and expertise to all externally facing staff to ensure effective and complete grant reporting, data integrity in all communications, and understanding of external data to contextualize GW’s work within the broader field
To be successful in this role:
- You believe that all people are capable of reaching their full potential and are passionate about helping them get there
- You gauge your success in measurable impact and know how to ruthlessly prioritize
- You are service-minded, flexible, detail-oriented, and energized by solving problems and sparking solutions
- You love analyzing data, sharing it in a usable and digestible way, using it to inform decisions
- You know how to match vision with execution; you have experience thinking strategically as well as demonstrated success executing with strong attention to detail
- You have a strong understanding of foundational measurement and evaluation best practices and systems, and have applied them in a social impact setting to drive programmatic improvements
- You are highly organized, comfortable manipulating large volumes of data, and love thinking about program design and improvement
- You have a high level of technical fluency with tools like Excel, Power BI, Tableau, Salesforce/Lightning, and data analysis software, as well as proficiency with programming concepts, APIs, and workflows
- You have both educational and work experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods, including design, data collection, data management, data quality assurance and analysis, and have used that experience to drive social change
In our quest to be a nonprofit employer of choice, we offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Generous time off to include vacation, wellness, and (10) company paid holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Communications allowance
- Flexible work arrangements
Commitment to Diversity
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully executing our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
To apply, please submit your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this role, using the Apply button below. Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.