Saint Paul, Minnesota
Company: Genesys Works
Locations: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Employment type: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Senior Manager, College and Career Success
Mission and Purpose of Position
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.’
Purpose of Position:
Support the fulfillment of the Genesys Works mission through college graduation support for students who have finished our year-long high school internships. Using partner relationships, an actively and accurately maintained student database, communication technology and responsive interventions, ensure students receive accurate, timely support to achieve college success. Individuals with passion for student success, data-informed programming and achieving metrics are encouraged to apply.
• Deliver targeted college enrollment and persistence interventions to assist students based on individual needs
•Build partnerships and collaborate with staff on local college campuses and with external organizations who support Genesys Works students
• Manage phone call, texting, social media, and email campaigns designed to remind students of key college and summer melt milestones;
• Support in planning and implementing 2-3 events per semester in collaboration with Career Success Specialist
• Create and deliver data-driven interventions to common problems including but not limited to re-enrollment, academic support, and financial challenges
•Maintain and report on college-attending student information and results in Salesforce database
• Work closely with high school and college program staff to develop a network of services and options for Genesys Works high school graduates
• In conjunction with marketing and communication efforts of the site, produce and share student success stories.
We seek candidates who believe deeply in our organization’s mission, who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment, who have a passion for collaboration and teamwork, and who demonstrate a record of achievement in previous activities.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Deep belief in organizational mission
• Professional demeanor and 3+ years’ experience with first generation college students
• Partnership cultivation and development experience
• Emerging people and project management skills
• Ability to work independently while simultaneously maintaining a team focus
• Strong sense of accountability for both student achievement and personal development
• Ability to problem-solve and handle student crises situations
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
• Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations in diverse settings (e.g. students, corporate personnel and college staff)
• Must pass a background check
• A current driver’s license and reliable access to a car
• Four-year college degree, all majors considered
• Experience working in higher education, college access and/or college success preferred.
Compensation and How to Apply
Salary is $46,000. Comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, and parking allowance. Go to https://genesysworks.tfaforms.net/4651841 to submit your application, including a resume and cover letter. For more information about Genesys Works and our programming, please visit our website at www.genesysworks.org.