Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Employment type: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through school students through skills training, meaningful internships, and impactful relationships.
Purpose of Position
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, detail-oriented, and organized individual to serve as a key member of a small marketing and communications team that seeks to help break the cycle of poverty and eliminate disparities in Minnesota. This person will fulfill project management and implementation needs for all major marketing, communications, and events activities and will partner with other departments, our National marketing and communications team, and external stakeholders. They will be a key role in managing event logistics, creating written and visual content, and implementing our digital marketing strategy using analytics.
- Serve as project management lead for programmatic and fundraising events by owning key event decisions, regularly updating a shared project tracking resource, delegating and owning event responsibilities, and communicating updates with internal and external stakeholders.
- Own and update the marketing and communications editorial and content calendars according to site and National strategy.
- Prioritize and own key decisions, including but not limited to: run of show, catering needs, check-in logistics, marketing materials, etc.
- Assign responsibilities for event, utilizing both staff and external volunteers.
- Track event expenditures and revenue and provide recommendations based upon budget.
- Own written content creation, such as blog posts, social media content, press releases, and event scripts.
- Actively pursue new story ideas and gather and maintain a story repository for digital marketing campaigns.
- Support creation of visual content, including photography and videography.
- Design and monitor marketing materials that are in alignment with Genesys Works brand standards across all platforms.
Digital Marketing and Analytics
- Partner with the Marketing Manager to develop a digital communications strategy that drives deeper engagement with program supporters.
- Schedule and administer content on our digital platforms, which include: Pardot, WordPress, Snapchat, and Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn via Hootsuite.
- Recommend, track, and report digital analytics for social, email, website, and other platforms to ensure achievement of marketing and communications goals.
- Implement content in alignment with SEO and paid digital advertising opportunities.
- Communicate with external vendors to support event and marketing strategies.
- Partner with and support the local Marketing Manager and Director of Development and Communications and the National marketing and communications team to implement marketing and communications operations.
- Partner with Genesys Works young professionals to tell stories of success that magnify their voice and reflect their experiences and seek out success stories from other program stakeholders, e.g. corporate and school partners, families, etc.
- Share stories of success with staff via Salesforce Chatter, email, etc.
- Minimum of Associate’s degree required.
- 1-2 years of event management, marketing, and communications experience required.
- Strong project management competencies, including planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills, with good time management and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in developing or managing content across various platforms, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), Salesforce, Pardot, Hootsuite, and WordPress preferred.
- Prior experience working with external printing companies preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team, to take initiative, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness and ability to exercise both creative/visual and analytical skills.
- Strong awareness of the significance of adhering to brand standards.
- Positive, can-do attitude with willingness to flex and adapt as the situation requires, including longer work hours around events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Relationship-oriented and contributes to a supportive, honoring work culture.
- Passion for working within diverse communities and cultural competencies.
- Alignment with Genesys Works values and excitement for the mission.
- Former participation in Genesys Works program preferred.
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; reaching; stooping; kneeling; and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Compensation and How to Apply
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, and parking allowance. Visit this link to submit your application, including a resume and cover letter. For more information about Genesys Works and our programming, please visit our website at www.genesysworks.org.