Reports to: National Chief Operations Officer
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
Purpose of Position
As the Director of Measurement and Evaluation, you will play a key role in Genesys Works’ growth and success. You will be responsible to execute on the Measurement Plan, which will ensure the impact of our program and outcomes of students are in line with our mission, goals and values. You will present the impact to stakeholders to help drive decisions and further maximize our impact. Lastly, you will work with the program operations team and staff at our sites to improve program effectiveness and efficiency. Genesys works is a data-driven company and you will be on the front line of capturing, analyzing and delivering data to help push the success of the Genesys Works forward.
Evaluation & Monitoring of Data (40%)
- Maintain and enhance the Measurement Plan and all processes involved in the plan
- Maintain ongoing review of program, and monitor data for completeness in order to execute on the Measurement Plan
- Perform routine evaluation at the end of each program phase as per the Measurement plan and present findings to program operations and site staff
- Work with Technology team to help design solutions to better capture or evaluate data and operationalize the Measurement Plan
- Work with the Technology team to maintain reports systems on an ongoing basis to meet the Measurement Plan requirements and staff/stakeholder needs
Program Improvement and Innovation (40%)
- Provide input and present to site staff and program operations staff at the end of each program phase with findings from routine evaluation
- Using findings from evaluations, work with site and program operations staff to determine best practices and create standards around those practices
- Work with site staff and program operations staff to suggest new strategies, pilots & areas to research to help solve problems, improve effectiveness and increase efficiency in the program
- Liaise with program operations staff to help them create trainings to reinforce best practices
- Liaise with Technology team to design solutions in the database to reinforce innovation
Departmental Support (20%)
- Respond to requests for data from Development and funders in the form of grant requests, proposal and reporting
- Respond to requests for data from various stakeholders, including leadership, corporate partners, schools and board of director members
- Facilitate projects between site/ program operations staff and the technology team to help design needed solutions that allow for good data collection/management
- Provide the Marketing and Communication team metrics for annual report and alumni information
- Manage third-party researchers to further display our outcomes and impact
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in measurement and evaluation, leading strategy, and promoting ongoing process improvement in the nonprofit, education, government, or private sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics or other relevant discipline. Preferred: Master’s degree or higher in relevant discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of and familiarity with a range of applied research, and monitoring and evaluation approaches.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Training and relevant practical experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods, including design, data collection, data management, data quality assurance and analysis.
- Experience providing trainings or presentations on complex data to non-technical stakeholders
- Proficient with data analysis software
- Fully proficient in Microsoft tools like Excel and Word
- Experience with Salesforce/Lightning is strongly preferred
- A useable knowledge of commonly used programming concepts, practices or procedures such as coding, algorithms, and database structures, in order to liaise with the Technology team is a plus
We seek a candidate who believes deeply in our organization’s mission, who can produce consistent, impactful, and timely service, and who is able to work both independently and collaboratively.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Excellent communication skills, specifically the ability to effectively translate complex findings into simple terms for stakeholders and partners
- Strong diplomacy and leaderships skills to drive consensus and standard practices among differing viewpoints, with the support of data.
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness including the ability to troubleshoot problems for a variety of solutions.
- Open and able to manage complexities and prioritize time & resources in a dynamic job
- Ability to oversee data collection at various levels to ensure accuracy and clarity of data interpretations
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively with senior staff, colleagues, donors, partner organizations, stakeholders and others at all levels