Location: Houston, TX
Employment type: Full-time Exempt
Report to: Executive Director
Genesys Works is a national social enterprise sparking sustainable futures for high school students in underserved communities. By providing rising seniors skills training, meaningful work experiences, and connections to professional networks, we are helping young adults onto a path to economic self-sufficiency and a lifetime of career success.
Genesys Works Houston is looking for a full-time Executive Assistant and Board Relations Coordinator to provide administrative, governance, and project support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors and its committees. This position will report to the Executive Director.
The Board Assistant will support the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Governing Committees:
- Coordinate, organize and assist with Executive Director’s correspondence to board
- Coordinate and maintain the Executive Director’s schedule
- Schedule and provide logistical support for meetings of the Board of Directors and its committees (including Governance, Finance, Development, and Strategic Planning)
- Draft meeting agendas and minutes for committee and quarterly meetings
- Complete a wide variety of administrative tasks that include creating and compiling board meeting materials and leading the day-of-meeting coordination
- Assist in the coordination with board-focused stakeholder engagement and stewardship activities, such as networking events, receptions, thank-a-thons, board thank-you dinner, and individual board member cultivation and stewardship of partners and donors
- Manage onboarding of incoming Board Members, ensuring all data is properly recorded in Salesforce and that edits to materials and website are completed
- Record and revise board and board committee meeting minutes in preparation for review by key stakeholders and sign off by the Board Secretary
- Maintain board web portal year-round (including creating digital board book three times a year, updating the main landing page, maintaining the board materials library and board user accounts, etc.)
- Assist in properly tracking and stewarding board members’ personal donations
- Maintain on-line document filing, and tracking board recordkeeping using Salesforce and other platforms as needed
- Prepare and coordinate oral and written communications including reports, letters, presentations, speeches and proposals
- Respond in a timely manner to ad hoc board member requests
- 5+ years professional work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience working with senior leadership or Board members, as an executive assistant or similar position
- Excellent technical skills, including minute-taking and computer software skills
- Salesforce experience highly preferred
- Mastery of written communication and the ability to proof read/craft organizational documents.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and projects and tasks at once in a self-directed manner
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to foresee potential problems and plan contingencies accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy, and tact
- Ability to travel within the local area for Board work and retreats. Travel may be required at other times, as needed.
In our quest to be a nonprofit employer of choice, we offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Generous time off to include vacation, wellness, and (10) company paid holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
Commitment to Diversity
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully execute our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve. To apply, please submit your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this role, using the Apply button below. Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.