Position: Executive Assistant
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Employment type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Genesys Works is a national social enterprise sparking sustainable futures for high school students in underserved communities. By providing rising seniors skills training, meaningful work experiences, and connections to professional networks, we are helping young adults onto a path to economic self-sufficiency and a lifetime of career success.
Genesys Works Chicago is looking for an Executive Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Director. To be successful in this role, the Executive Assistant will be proactive and able to handle the pressures of frequent change while maintaining a friendly and upbeat attitude.
- Managing the Executive Director calendar, including prioritization of meetings and direct communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinating and preparing for various reports and meetings with the national board of directors, various donors, corporate partners, consultants, and other key stakeholders
- Reviewing, revising, and distributing minutes and notes of important meetings including Board of Directors and other leadership team meetings
- Drafting of correspondence to key stakeholders on behalf of the Executive Director and assist in preparing presentations, proposals, and training courses;
- Performing fundraising activities and providing project support, primarily in strategic planning and fundraising including data management, and research of current and potential stakeholders
- Planning and executing site-wide events (such as staff training and retreats), large stakeholder events, out of town meetings, lunch meetings, and dinners including booking domestic flights and hotel accommodations, coordinating transportation, arranging meals, and other related activities
- Office management activities including, but not limited to receiving and distributing mail; planning, ordering, and organizing staff meals and small celebrations, answering phones, and greeting guests
- Support to other personnel as needed
- Belief that all people are capable of reaching their full potential and are passionate about helping them get there
- 5 years of experience supporting senior-level executives
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce; ability to learn new software quickly
- Ability to anticipate needs and manage the ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment
- Being careful about every detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Being honest and ethical with an ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations
- Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations
- Communicating information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand
• Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
• Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Interacting with Computers — Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Training and Teaching Others — Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Oral communication — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Written Communication— The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
In our quest to be a nonprofit employer of choice, we offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Generous time off to include vacation, wellness, and (10) company paid holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Communications allowance
- Flexible work arrangements
Commitment to Diversity
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully execute our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
To apply, please submit your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this role, using the Apply button below. Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.