Position: Information Technology Trainer
Location: Twin Cities Office (Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul)
Employment type: Full-time, Temporary (Summer), Non-Exempt
Reports to: Program Manager
Purpose of Position
Apply your IT skills and mentoring ability to help support high school students become internship-ready young professionals. During a seven-week summer training program, you will work alongside Genesys Works staff members to prepare high school seniors from underserved communities to intern at one of our 55+ corporate partners providing IT support and outstanding customer service.
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional
services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students
in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
- Teach entry-level computer and technology skills to two cohorts of students (morning and afternoon sessions consisting of 20-30 students each)
- Collaborate with a team of trainers to ensure consistently in curriculum delivery across all cohorts
- Work alongside full-time Genesys Works staff members to set and manage training room expectations
- Grade student assignments, status reports, and evaluations and record them in a timely manner
- Assist in maintaining the technology and infrastructure within the training room and at the training site
- Provide support in coaching, guiding, and mentoring students throughout the summer program
- Staff summer events in and outside of the training room
We seek candidates who believe deeply in our organization’s mission, who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment, who have a passion for collaboration and teamwork, and who demonstrate a record of achievement in previous activities.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Certifications, Credentialing, and/or college degree in a computer-related field of study
- Experience teaching computer skills or working as an IT professional
- Knowledge in any of the following subject areas: laptop hardware, operating systems, network configuration, information security, Microsoft Office suite, or project management
- Desire to learn and build on IT skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong presence and leadership in a classroom setting
- Heart, humor and a commitment to our youth development mission
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; reaching, stooping, and kneeling; and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Compensation and How to Apply
Genesys Works – Twin Cities is looking to fill nine IT Trainer positions. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please submit resume and brief cover letter using the ‘Apply’ link below. The position will start approximately two weeks prior to the start of summer training on June 22th. To learn more about Genesys Works, visit our website at www.genesysworks.org.