Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional
services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students
in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
Purpose of Position
Apply your IT skills and mentoring ability to help support high school students become internship-ready young professionals. During a seven-week summer training program, you will work alongside Genesys Works staff members to prepare high school seniors from underserved communities to intern at one of our 55+ corporate partners providing IT support and outstanding customer service.
- Teach entry-level computer and technology skills to two cohorts of students (morning and afternoon sessions consisting of 20-25 students each)
- Collaborate with a team of trainers to ensure consistency in curriculum delivery across all cohorts
- Work alongside full-time Genesys Works staff members to set and manage training room expectations
- Grade student assignments, status reports, and evaluations and record them in a timely manner
- Assist in maintaining the technology and infrastructure within the training room and at the training site
- Provide support in coaching, guiding, and mentoring students throughout the summer program
- Staff summer events in and outside of the training room
We seek a candidate who believes deeply in our organization’s mission, who can produce consistent, impactful, and timely service, and who is able to work both independently and collaboratively.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Demonstrate intermediate level of knowledge with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong understanding of IT Essentials and troubleshooting techniques.
- CompTIA A+ certification Preferred
- Strong understanding of computer hardware, software, and upgrade options
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 installations, disk partitioning, desktop configuration, settings, and shortcuts
- Knowledge and understanding of business technology best practices
- Knowledge of Windows network configuration and utilities: IP protocol, DNS, DHCP, ping, ipconfig
- Knowledge of cloud based corporate tools, including Google Apps, Office 365, and Salesforce
- Strong understanding of PMP tools and techniques with project management experience
- Knowledge in relevant and current tech trends and new technologies
- Ability to demonstrate Instructional abilities
- Experience training computer skills to large groups
- Ability to effectively teach and motivate high school seniors
- Must be able to adapt and model extreme professionalism
- Strong ability to engage all students in a corporate training room setting
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in corporate environments (
- Strong customer service experience supporting desktops
- Driven by strong ethics and a determination to make a positive impact on young lives
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Experience working or volunteering with youth programs
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; and reaching, stooping, kneeling, and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at Genesys Works are based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind based on any these characteristics. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully executing our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
Please email your resume with a brief cover letter to email@example.com.
To learn more about Genesys Works, visit our website at genesysworks.org/bayarea.