Genesys Works NYC
55 Exchange Place, Suite 503
New York, NY 10005
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
As one of our summer IT trainers, you will be responsible for jump-starting the professional careers of high school seniors who work at our corporate partners. You will become a mentor they will never forget; the person who taught them that they can succeed in the corporate world.
During the eight-week summer training program, our trainers teach two groups of young professionals (ages 16-17) consisting of approximately 20-25 students each on MS Office Suite, project management, computer management and desktop support. Being a successful professional involves more than IT skills alone. Our trainers show students how to actually enter and succeed in the corporate environment by covering subjects such as developing confidence, customer service, effective communication skills, troubleshooting techniques, and understanding corporate culture. We encourage “real-life teaching” so that when students finish the Genesys Works training program, they are truly prepared for the next step in life.
We seek trainers who can lead, manage, motivate and mentor our young professionals.
The ideal candidate would possess the following knowledge and abilities:
- Must have at least an intermediate level of knowledge with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong understanding of IT Essentials and troubleshooting techniques.
- Prefer CompTIA A+ certification
- Strong understanding of computer hardware, software, and upgrade options
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 installations, disk partitioning, desktop configuration, settings, and shortcuts
- Knowledge and understanding of business technology best practices
- Knowledge of Windows network configuration and utilities: IP protocol, DNS, DHCP, ping, ipconfig
- Knowledge of cloud based corporate tools, including Google Apps, Office 365, and Salesforce
- Strong understanding of PMP tools and techniques with project management experience
- Must stay relevant and up to date on current tech trends and new technologies
- Experience training computer skills to large groups
- Ability to effectively teach and motivate high school seniors
- Must be able to adapt and model extreme professionalism
- Strong ability to engage all students in a corporate training room setting
- Experience working in corporate environments
- Strong customer service experience supporting desktops a plus
- Driven by strong ethics and a determination to make a positive impact on young lives
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Experience working or volunteering with youth programs
Details at a glance
- On-site Location
- High School Diploma Required
- Entry level
- This position reports to the Program Manager
- Office is set in a corporate environment
- No travel required
- Background checks required
- Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer
How To Apply
Please email your resume with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Genesys Works, visit our website at https://www.genesysworks.org/newyork/