Company: Genesys Works
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Employment type: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Manager, College and Career Success
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
Support the fulfillment of the Genesys Works mission through the development and implementation of college access and career exploration programming. Using partner relationships, an actively and accurately maintained student database, and communication technology, ensure students receive timely support to develop individual post-secondary plans. Individuals with passion for student success, data-informed programming, and achieving metrics are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidate is a proven team leader, relationship developer, and innovative thinker.
- Responsible for creating, compiling, and maintaining analytics of key program success metrics, both quantitative data analysis and qualitative storytelling.
- Serve as subject matter expert for college access and career exploration curriculum, including deep understanding of college admission best practices and/or multiple pathway options for students beyond high school completion.
- Work alongside Curriculum and Training Specialist to develop curriculum and programming for high school participants geared towards developing individualized post-secondary plans.
- Manage dynamic team of Genesys Works staff to execute and evaluate program objectives with an eye towards innovation and improved student outcomes.
- Effectively coach direct reports to achieve metrics, motivate students, and operate independently.
- Foster a student-orientated, team-focused environment of high expectations for direct reports.
- Build partnerships and collaborate with staff on local college campuses, and with external organizations such as College Possible and Wallin Educational Partners, who recruit and support Genesys Works students.
- Remain current on post-secondary research related to college access and career exploration for underrepresented high school students and integrate into programing as necessary.
We seek a candidate who believes deeply in our organization’s mission, who can produce consistent, impactful, and timely service, and who is able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Deep belief in organizational mission, growth mindset, and spirit of innovation.
- Professional demeanor and 3+ years’ experience with college access, college admissions, or career exploration.
- Experience managing people, projects, and events.
- Ability to assess individual and team performance by monitoring team metrics to assure that core goals are accomplished.
- Experience with outcomes-based management and implementing data-driven decision-making.
- Partnership cultivation and development experience.
- Comfort working with computers, databases, social media platforms, and Microsoft Office applications. Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently while simultaneously maintaining a team focus.
- Strong sense of accountability for both student achievement and personal development.
- Ability to problem-solve and handle student crises situations.
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations in diverse settings (e.g. students, corporate personnel, and college staff).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Must pass a background check.
- A current driver’s license and reliable access to a car.
- Four-year college degree required; all majors considered.
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; and reaching, stooping, kneeling, and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Genesys Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers:
Salary is $50,000. Comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, parking and cell phone allowance. Go to https://genesysworks.tfaforms.net/4651891 to submit your application, including a resume and cover letter. For more information about Genesys Works and our programming, please visit our website at www.genesysworks.org.