Genesys Works is a national leader in providing pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships. Currently in 6 cities across the country, we are positioning ourselves for future growth and have an exciting opportunity for someone who loves designing and operationalizing great people operations systems to join the National team as Associate Director of People Operations.
.As the Associate Director of People Operations you will help Genesys Works recruit, enable, and grow a remarkable team of people to their highest potential. You will be responsible for enhancing and developing the systems and processes that support the full lifecycle for employees at Genesys Works, from recruiting and onboarding through benefits administration, learning & development, team culture, performance evaluation, and company policies, all through the lens of supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment. Reporting to the Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, you will have the opportunity to define, shape, and launch programs that attract and empower people to do their best work as we scale and grow as an organization. Location is flexible but Houston, TX; Chicago, IL; Washington, D.C.; Minneapolis, MN; or Bay Area, CA are preferred.
In your first 3 months you will…
- Develop strong working relationships across the organization and quickly build trust and credibility with our national and local staff and leadership
- Uncover areas to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity, efficiency, and overall satisfaction
- Identify and prioritize the highest impact initiatives that will drive a positive team culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion and accelerate our work to build a best-in-class employee experience
In your first 6 months you will…
- Work collaboratively with our subject matter experts – our staff! – to understand how to best tackle some of our most pressing challenges and position Genesys Works for future growth and success
- Begin to drive initiatives to help create a candidate and staff experience that is best in class across all stages of the employee lifecycle
- Work with local and national leaders to identify and execute new programs and own the change management needed to ensure that there is org-wide adoption
- Design a thoughtful and deliberate plan for improving team culture and integrating DEI work and values into our DNA, and begin executing on it
- Test and pilot new ideas and improvements, use feedback and data to iterate, and scale only those things that are ready for prime time and will have positive impact
By the end of your first year you will have…
- Formulated and executed a people-first strategy, including: recruiting, diversity and inclusion, performance management, learning and development, employee engagement, retention and culture initiatives, with some oversight on compensation, benefits, and HR compliance
- Introduced meaningful initiatives with measurable outcomes that have been proven to move the needle on our DEI and culture work
- Built trusting relationships with staff across all levels and geographies and established yourself as the “go to” person for getting things done when it comes to people and culture
- Strengthened our people managers to effectively lead diverse, high performing teams and grow talent from within
To be successful in this role…
- You genuinely believe that all people are capable of reaching their full potential and are passionate about helping them get there
- You gauge your success in measurable positive impact (not in how much you check off the to do list) and know how to ruthlessly prioritize
- You love using data to inform decisions and for getting others on board with new initiatives
- You have a bias towards action and are not afraid to test unproven ideas to surface the great ideas
- You are known for your ability to create inclusive team environments that foster trust, and you know how to enable other leaders to do the same
- You know how to match vision with execution; you have experience thinking big as well as demonstrated success executing with strong attention to detail
- You have led programs to develop strong managers; helping managers grow better along with individual contributors is something you know and do really well
- You’re knowledgeable about and understand compliance, diversity, and inclusion principles
- You have demonstrated experience leading cultural change and influencing key stakeholders
- You have a strong understanding of foundational HR areas including recruiting, compensation, performance management, benefits, payroll, immigration, legal and employee relations
In our quest to be a nonprofit employer of choice, we offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Generous time off to include vacation, wellness, and (10) company paid holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Transportation allowance
- Flexible work arrangements
Commitment to Diversity
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at Genesys Works are based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind based on any these characteristics. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully executing our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
For more information about Genesys Works and our programming, please visit our website at www.genesysworks.org.
To apply, please submit your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this role, using the apply button below. Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.