Company: Genesys Works Chicago
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Salary: $38,000 to $42,000 (depending on experience)
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional
services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students
in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
As Program Coordinator, you will play a key role in helping to develop the Genesys Works program in Chicago. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can lead, motivate and mentor our youth in a manner that helps transform these promising students into young professionals. Few jobs are as rewarding as this. You will see students enter the program as typical kids and graduate 14 months later as self-confident young men and women with clearer visions of what they want to accomplish in life and defined plans for how to achieve their goals. Over 90 percent of our graduates go on to college as a result of the Genesys Works program and the people like you who make it happen.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Helping teach our professional skills curriculum to students during an eight-week summer training program
• Delivering a College Connection program aimed at helping students choose and apply to colleges, including applications for scholarships and financial aid
• Coordinating and leading weekly team meetings of Genesys Works students during the school year
• Managing interns in conjunction with site supervisors at client sites, including processing time cards and conducting performance reviews
• Working with guidance counselors and teachers at targeted high schools to identify and recruit appropriate students for the Genesys Works program
• Identifying and coordinating monthly community service projects
• Planning fun events and other team-building activities for students and staff
• Assisting Executive Director in implementing all aspects of Genesys Works programming
We seek candidates who believe deeply in our organization’s mission, who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, and who demonstrate a record of achievement in previous activities.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Professional demeanor
• Initiative to work independently while simultaneously maintaining a team focus
• Heart, humor and a commitment to our youth development mission
• Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
• Comfort working with computers and Microsoft Office applications
• Previous experience in working with youth
• Four year college degree
• Spanish language fluency a plus
• Experience in college admissions counseling a plus
How to Apply
To complete the application and to upload your resume and cover letter in pdf format, please click on the apply button below.
Additional information on Genesys Works and its programming can be found on our website www.genesysworks.org