Reports to: Program Manager
Genesys Works is looking for enthusiastic individuals who can lead, motivate and mentor youth in a manner that helps transform promising students into young professionals. Qualified individuals will also have the composure, confidence and organizational skills to manage and build relationships with the corporate clients who employ our students. The Program Coordinator I is responsible for implementing the Genesys Works core model with students and managing supporting relationships with student’s supervisors and school representatives. The ideal Program coordinator demonstrates heart, humor and a commitment to our youth development mission on a daily basis.
• Teaching our professional skills curriculum to students during an eight-week summer training program
• Facilitating the Career and College Connection program which involves leading weekly team meetings of Genesys Works students during the school year where you assist them in choosing a career path, applying to colleges, and securing the financial aid.
• Monitoring and motivating student intern performance in the workplace
• Maintaining metrics and student benchmarks throughout the program to measure and assure student success in training, the internship and in developing a path to college and career success
• Working one on one with students to develop trusted relationships, mentoring and encouraging them throughout the program
• Developing and managing relationships with current and former students, corporate clients and school administrators to ensure that client and student issues in the workplace are dealt with effectively, and to facilitate long-term individual and program success
• Coordinating with guidance counselors and teachers at targeted high schools to identify and recruit appropriate students for Genesys Works
We seek candidates who believe deeply in our organization’s mission, who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment, who have a passion for collaboration and teamwork, and who demonstrate a record of achievement in previous activities.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Professional demeanor and 2-3 years relevant experience
• Strong presence and leadership in a classroom
• Initiative to work independently while simultaneously maintaining a team focus
• Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
• A passion for learning and desire for continual improvement
• Ability to work with computers, databases, Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
• A current driver’s license and reliable access to a car
• Four year college degree, all majors considered
• Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
• Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Interacting with Computers — Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Training and Teaching Others — Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Oral Communication — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Written Communication— The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Success to be measured by:
College (interns and alums)
· CCC Meetings (bimonthly)
· Student One-on-Ones (bimonthly, could be held a schools or workplace)
· College apps (% applied)
· ACT (% completed)
· Financial Aid (% accepted package)
· Scholarship applications (% applied to flagship scholarships)
· Alumni check in (% reached)
· College persistence (% enrolled)
· % Winning scholarships
· % Admitted
· % Enrolled
· % Persisting through 1st year
· Student survey “approval rating”
Workplace (supervisors and interns)
· Worksite visits (4x/year, can include student visits)
· Performance Reviews (2x/year)
· % Students retained (Aug-Aug)
· % Clients retained
· Client survey “approval rating”
· Recruiting Events (3x/year)
· Offseason calls/emails/site visits (2x/year, can include student visits)
· Creating a school plan (1x/year)
· # Applications
· % Retained through 1st day of training
· Eventual: School Champion survey “approval rating”
About Genesys Works
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to enable economically-disadvantaged students to enter and thrive in the economic mainstream by providing them the knowledge and work experience required to succeed as professionals. Few jobs are as rewarding as this. You will see students enter the program as typical teens and graduate 14 months later as self-confident young men and women with clearer visions of what they want to accomplish in life and defined plans for how to achieve their goals. 97 percent of our graduates go on to enroll in college as a result of the Genesys Works program and we need people like you to make it happen!
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; and reaching, stooping, kneeling, and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Genesys Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Company-paid Life and Disability insurance
403(b) retirement plan with company matching