Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that provides pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships. We do this through a unique combination of intense summer training and a meaningful paid internship at leading corporations during their entire senior year. While the core of the Genesys Works program is the internship, we realize this is only the start of their professional and academic career.
As Program Coordinator, you will lead, motivate and mentor youth in a manner that supports promising students into young professionals. Qualified individuals will also have the composure, confidence and organizational skills to manage and build relationships with the corporate clients who employ our students as well as school champions that support our students academically. The Program Coordinator I is responsible for implementing the Genesys Works core model with students and managing supporting relationships with student’s supervisors and school representatives. In addition, that will lead summer training instruction on professional skills as well as college access curriculum during the school year. The ideal Program coordinator demonstrates heart, humor and a commitment to our youth development mission on a daily basis.
- Teaching our professional skills curriculum to students during an eight-week summer training program
- Facilitating the Career and College Connection program which involves leading weekly support of Genesys Works students during the school year where you assist them in choosing a career path, applying to colleges, and securing the financial aid through workshops, 1:1s, and team trainings.
- Monitoring and motivating student intern performance in the workplace
- Maintaining metrics and student benchmarks throughout the program to measure and assure student success in training, the internship and in developing a path to college and career success
- Working one on one with students to develop trusted relationships, mentoring and encouraging them throughout the program
- Developing and managing relationships with current, corporate clients and school administrators to ensure that client and student issues in the workplace are dealt with effectively, and to facilitate long-term individual and program success
- This includes supporting our Corporate Partner team in maintain relationships with companies over time and leveraging said relationship for internship position renewal and growth
- This includes coordinating with guidance counselors and teachers at targeted high schools to identify and recruit appropriate students for Genesys Works
We seek candidates who believe deeply in our organization’s mission, who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment, who have a passion for collaboration and teamwork, and who demonstrate a record of achievement in previous activities.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and 2-3 years relevant experience
- Strong presence and leadership in a classroom
- Initiative to work independently while simultaneously maintaining a team focus
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
- A passion for learning and desire for continual improvement
- Ability to work with computers, databases, Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends and traveling regularly between the GWBA office sites (San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose)
- Four year college degree, all majors considered
- Self-Control— Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance— Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Dependability— Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity— Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Service Orientation— Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Interacting with Computers— Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Instructing— Teaching others how to do something.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships— Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Training and Teaching Others— Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Oral communication— The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Communication— The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Genesys Works Bay Area firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Genesys Works Program Coordinator Application” as the subject line. Our office is in Oakland and you will be managing students from both SF and Oakland.
Standard benefits including 401k, health insurance, dental, and vision.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: