Company: Genesys Works
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Employment type: Full-time
Reports to: Program Manager
Position: Program Coordinator
Genesys Works is looking for enthusiastic individuals who can lead, motivate and mentor youth in a manner that helps transform promising students into young professionals. Qualified individuals will also have the composure, confidence and organizational skills to manage and build relationships with the corporate clients who employ our students. The Program Coordinator I is responsible for implementing the Genesys Works core model with students and managing supporting relationships with student’s supervisors and school representatives. The ideal Program coordinator demonstrates heart, humor and a commitment to our youth development mission on a daily basis.
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional
services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students
in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
Purpose of Position
Lead, motivate, supervise, and mentor youth in a manner that helps transform high school students into workforce-ready young professionals. You will see students enter the program as rising seniors in high school and transition 14 months later into our college & career success program with clearer visions of what they want to accomplish in their careers and defined plans for how to achieve their goals. The Program Coordinator is responsible for implementing the Genesys Works’ core model with students and managing supporting relationships. Individuals with a commitment to our youth development mission are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work one-on-one with students to develop trusting relationships through mentoring and encouragement throughout the program, facilitating long-term individual and program success;
- Develop and manage relationships with corporate partners, on-site internship supervisors, and school administrators related to cohort of interns to ensure deliverance of exceptional service and that any client and student issues in the workplace are dealt with as quickly and effectively as possible;
- Lead team meetings of Genesys Works’ students during the school year to assist them in choosing a career path, applying to colleges, and securing financial aid;
- Teach our professional skills curriculum to students during an eight-week summer training program;
- Monitor summer training performance and provide primary input on students who earn an internship based on summer training performance;
- Maintain metrics and student benchmarks throughout the program to measure and assure student success in training, in the workplace, and in developing a path to college and career success;
- Actively monitor student intern performance in the workplace and deliver student evaluations based on overall performance;
- Coach interns on how to successfully balance school, work, and life during internship;
- Recruit students through visits to partner schools and presentations to students;
- Actively participate in the selection process of students to the program;
- Assist with new initiatives in areas including, but not limited to, communications, fundraising, client recruitment, curriculum development, student recruitment, and alumni programming
We seek candidates who believe deeply in our organization’s mission, who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, and who demonstrate a previous record of achievement. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Deep belief in organizational mission;
- Professional demeanor and 3+ years of professional experience working in business, education, workforce development or in working with youth in underserved communities;
- Strong presence and leadership in instructional or group setting;
- Ability to manage 20-25 student cases/files;
- Ability to work independently while simultaneously maintaining a team focus;
- Strong sense of accountability for both student achievement and personal development;
- Ability to problem-solve and handle student crises;
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations in diverse settings (e.g. students, corporate personnel and school administrators);
- Ability to work with computers and databases;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
- Minimum of a 2-year college degree
- Ability to travel throughout the twin cities metro area, including locations inaccessible by public transit
- Strong commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
Commitment to Diversity
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully executing our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; reaching, stooping, and kneeling; and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Compensation and How to Apply
Targeted annual salary is approximately $43,000, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, paid time off including vacation, wellness, and (10) company holidays; a 403(b) retirement plan with company match, and communication allowance.
Go to this link to submit your application, including a resume and cover letter. For more information about Genesys Works and our programming, please visit our website at www.genesysworks.org.