Company: Genesys Works
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Employment type: Full-time
Reports to: Director of College and Career Success
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
- Managing 2-4 Program Coordinators and their relationships with college interns and corporate partners
- Managing college internship programming and developing quality operational practices in collaboration with the corporate partnership team and high school internship program manager
- Developing relationships with corporate partners with a focus on talent acquisition
- Monitoring team metrics to assure that core goals and the mission of Genesys Works are accomplished
- Provide leadership, focus and direction to program coordinators to improve efficiency and effectiveness of program delivery
- Providing one-on-one coaching for Program Coordinators to achieve key metrics through bi-weekly meetings, and workplace observations
- Acting as a first line of support for Program Coordinators, including troubleshooting, brainstorming and helping implement solutions toward student success
- Assuring Program Coordinators are prepared to implement high-quality programming by serving as liaison and consultant to managers and directors for curriculum design, professional development needs, program alignment and operational excellence
- Assisting in the development and creation of staff trainings, curriculum, processes and procedures, and in the sharing of best practices
- Fostering a student-orientated, team-focused environment of high expectations with their team of direct reports
We seek candidates who believe deeply in our organization’s mission, who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, and who demonstrate a previous record of achievement. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Heart, humor and a commitment to our youth development mission
- 3+ years of managing direct reports in a youth development, educational or business setting
- Ability to inspire trust by dealing with others in an honest, fair and ethical manner
- Ability to relate to and work cross-culturally with students and staff of diverse backgrounds
- Effective presentation, oral and written communication skills
- A strong record of achieving organizational or team metrics
- Ability to teach and develop direct reports through effective instruction, facilitation, and coaching
- Experience with outcomes-based management and implementing data-driven decision-making
- Ability to work with computers and databases, including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and similar applications
- Project execution skills including strong attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Related four-year college degree
- Preferred qualification: experience in corporate recruiting and/or talent acquisition
- Ability to travel throughout the twin cities metro area, including locations inaccessible by public transit
- Strong commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
Breakdown of Responsibilities
Direct Management of 2-4 Program Coordinators (40%)
College internship program project management (40%)
Operations and Program Development (15%)
Commitment to Diversity
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully executing our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; reaching, stooping, and kneeling; and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Compensation and How to Apply
Targeted annual salary is approximately $50,000, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, paid time off including vacation, wellness, and (10) company holidays; a 403(b) retirement plan with company match, and communication allowance.
Go to this link to submit your application, including a resume and cover letter. For more information about Genesys Works and our programming, please visit our website at www.genesysworks.org.