Reports to: Director of Corporate Partners
As a Program Manager, specializing in the management of Genesys Works Chicago’s internship programming, primary responsibilities will include managing a team of Program Coordinators, as well as assisting the Director of Corporate Partnerships in the successful management of all initiatives and matters involving students and their internships.
- Act as project manager to team of 6-12 Program Coordinators
- Lead planning and implementation of student evaluation, selection, and placement strategies during summer training
- Lead on-boarding of corporate partners, hiring, and deployment of interns
- Conduct workplace check-in meetings with Program Coordinators and act as first-level support for student/workplace issues
- Ensure quality programming is being delivered by managing workplace initiatives and training, supporting, and reporting on staff performance in achieving the organizations goals
- Fill role of acting supervisor for students whose Program Coordinators are unavailable
- Provide timely reports to leadership regarding status of workplace projects, initiatives, student performance, and staff performance
- Represent Genesys Works Chicago on national initiatives, as needed
- Ensure data quality of related data in GWC systems (i.e. Salesforce, Box, TSheets, Google Apps, etc.)
- Work with leadership and management team to design and implement staff development initiatives
- Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing staff by communicating job expectations and policies, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, and coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
We seek a candidate who believes deeply in our organization’s mission, who can produce consistent, impactful, and timely service, and who is able to work both independently and collaboratively.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience managing projects, as well as managing people
- Ability to provide high quality customer service to internal and external partners
- Strong organizational skills and a talent for creating efficiencies and refining processes
- Ability to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Possesses strong systems knowledge and demonstrates great attention to detail with sensitive information
- A strong sense of accountability and the ability to produce results independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical business development initiatives
About Genesys Works
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships. We envision a future when all youth finish high school equipped and empowered with the knowledge and skills required to achieve career success and a lifetime of economic self-sufficiency.
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; and reaching, stooping, kneeling, and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Genesys Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid Life and Disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 403(b) retirement plan with company matching
The salary for this position is $50,000-$55,000 annually.