Twin Cities (Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul)
Reports to: Manager, School and Community Partnerships
In our Twin Cities office, we are seeking an enthusiastic, efficient, innovative and detail-oriented relationship-builder and project coordinator to lead our student recruitment efforts by working closely with our partners at schools and community organizations to maintain existing relationships and build a pipeline that keeps students engaged during the recruitment process. Successful performance in this position results in Genesys Works meeting its annual goals for student recruitment, summer training, and internship persistence.
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional IT services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
- Assist the Senior Manager/Communications Manager in developing a plan for student recruitment and creating recruitment messaging, calendar of key events and deadlines, staff trainings, materials, and presentations
- Execute student recruitment process, from the initial contact through the application and interview process to Registration Day, including:
- Managing recruitment calendar and activities, internal and external coordination; deadlines, and events at schools, community partners, and Genesys Works’ offices
- Leading staff in execution of recruitment efforts such as delivering trainings to staff, overseeing progress, and supporting staff throughout the recruitment cycle
- Providing positive, informative communications and support to school champions, community partners, current students, prospective students, and staff
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with school partners and develop the infrastructure needed to connect Program Coordinators to resources at schools and community partners in an effort to support students through their entire Genesys Works experience. This includes:
- Coordinating with School Champions to develop individual school recruitment plans
- Supporting the work of the School and Community Partner Advisory Board
- Providing guidance to the High School Program Team in escalated student situations
- Integrate recruitment efforts into broader calendar of the core Genesys Works program
- Maintain recruitment data in Salesforce, FormAssembly, and other Genesys Works programs with a high degree of data integrity
- Create reports and track progress towards overall site- and school- specific goals to be shared internally and externally
- Work with other sites and Genesys Works – National to create and document promising practices that keep prospective students in the pipeline until first day of summer training
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as determined by supervisor
- Deep belief in organizational mission;
- Minimum of 2 years of outreach experience and/ or experience building relationships between an organization and external partners with a preference for high school relationship building experience
- Ability to provide high quality customer service to internal and external partners
- Strong organizational skills and a talent for creating efficiencies and refining processes
- Willingness to learn new systems and experiment with promising practices and ideas
- Ability to produce results independently and as part of a team in a results driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
- Comfort working with computers, databases and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong sense of accountability for both student achievement and personal development;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
- Must pass a background check;
- A current driver’s license and reliable access to a car with current insurance;
- Four-year college degree, all majors considered.
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; reaching; stooping; kneeling; and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Compensation and How to Apply
Salary is $43,000-$47,000 yearly. Comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, and parking allowance. Go to https://genesysworks.tfaforms.net/4651869 to submit your application. Priority will go to applications submitted by September 27. Additional information on Genesys Works and its programming can be found on our web site: www.genesysworks.org/twin-cities.