Chicago’s Professional Community Gives Back
The Genesys Works Associates Board (GWAB) is a group of dedicated supporters who fundraise, volunteer, and participate in events to support the mission of Genesys Works. GWAB members enjoy many activities and benefits, including:
- Joining volunteer opportunities like our Resume Workshop, Design Thinking Day, and Career Panels.
- Networking at quarterly Happy Hours with Associates Board members.
- Receiving discounted admission at select fundraising events.
- Mentoring GWC alumni.
- Getting involved in leadership opportunities and serving on the Executive Council to help direct the GWAB strategy.
During the summer, our Young Professionals spend 8-weeks in training; learning both technical and professional skills. The cost of training one student is $5,000. By becoming a member of the Genesys Works Associates Board, you will help support skills training for more than 200 students.
Select a membership level:
The Executive Council is the leadership team responsible for overseeing the efforts of the Associates Board. Executive Council General Responsibilities include:
- Recruit 2-5 new members annually.
- Maintain active/paid membership throughout the entire term. Contributions in the form of event tickets or sponsorship, or cash donations.
- Attend at least 80% of monthly Executive Council meetings (typically be held on a weekday evening).
- Fulfill assigned leadership role by coordinating activities planned by the Executive Council members.
Executive Council Positions
- Associates Board Chair
- Vice Chair
- Events Chair
- Volunteer Chair
- Membership Chair