2017 Think IT Young Professional Scholars Program
2016 Think IT Scholarship Recipients
In the spring of 2017, Genesys Works – Twin Cities will award college scholarships to high potential alumni with financial need. Awards are $4,000 for two years ($8,000 total) and can be used for any cost of attendance at an eligible four-year college or university (e.g., tuition, fees, books, room, board, etc.). Selected scholars will receive personalized and professional advising services from the Wallin Education Partners to ensure college success, as well as a connection to a mentor through the Think IT Association for professional development opportunities.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Genesys Works Program Alumni who are not currently a Wallin Education Partners Scholar.
- Alums who are currently enrolled full-time in college and a first year or sophomore student pursuing a bachelor’s degree at a public or private not-for-profit college or university in MN, IA, WI, SD, or ND or HBCU (students who are currently enrolled at a community college, but plan to transfer to a 4-year college for fall 2017 are eligible to apply).
- Alums who demonstrate a significant financial need with a family income of $75,000 or less.
- Alums with a college GPA of 2.0 or higher (please note: if selected for the program, students will need to maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher to continue in the program).
- Alums who have an interest in pursuing a degree/profession in IT/IT-related industries (this is preferred, but not required).
HOW TO APPLY?
You will need to complete both parts of the online application (General Application and Think IT Young Professional Scholars Supplemental Application). You must complete the General Application before you can continue on to the Think IT Supplemental Application. Both application forms must be submitted, as well as all required academic and financial documents, in order for your application to be complete. You do not need to finish the application in one sitting—you can save your progress, exit, and re-enter at any time during the application period. Visit http://wallinpartners.org/think-it-young-professional-scholars/ to begin (scroll down to view the 2017 Think IT Application System Guide and then click ‘Apply to the Wallin Education Partners Scholarship Program’).
TO APPLY, YOU WILL NEED:
On the General Application:
- Upload a copy of your SAR from your 2017-18 FAFSA (or complete a financial information form if you are not able to complete the FAFSA).
- Enter the name and email address for 1 recommender. This can be for a supervisor, college professor, or mentor (you should ask them permission first, so reach out to them soon!). Note: Genesys Works staff cannot serve as a recommender for this scholarship.
- You do not need a second recommender. For the second recommender space on the General Application, enter N/A for the name and firstname.lastname@example.org for the email.
On the Think IT Supplemental Application:
- Upload a copy of your fall 2016 college transcript.
- Upload a copy of your resume.
- Answer an essay question, as well as a few short answer questions.
The deadline for the 2017 application is Wednesday, February 1st at 11:59pm.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the College Success Team:
Lindsey King, College Success Manager
Asma Mohammed, College Success Advisor
Kabao Xiong, College Success Advisor