Location: Saint Paul, MN
Employment Type: Full-time
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to enable economically-disadvantaged students to enter and thrive in the economic mainstream by providing them the knowledge and work experience required to succeed as professionals. Our business model offers a unique combination of earned income, providing 85% of our revenue, and contributed income of 15% solicited from foundations and corporate sponsorships.
In our Twin Cities office, we are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and experienced individual to lead a small Development and Communications (DevComm) team as we expand our fundraising operation and build a foundation for long-term success. This position reports to the Executive Director and is considered part of the organizational leadership team.
This position is responsible for vision-setting, strategic planning and management of all major fundraising activities, including institutional and individual cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, creative services, database management, and volunteer management. The successful candidate will expand and diversify Genesys Works Twin Cities’ donor base and pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives.
The Director of Development will have primary responsibility for designing and implementing the marketing and communications plan for Genesys Works Twin Cities to support resource allocation for large events, philanthropic initiatives, strategic corporate clients and board development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Vision-Setting and Strategic Planning
- Develop annual and long-term fundraising strategies, preparing Twin Cities site to surpass $1 million in contributed income in 2016
- Develop a donor-centered fundraising culture to retain and steward existing donors and to cultivate new relationships with family/corporate foundations and corporate sponsors
- Raise the profile of the organization among foundations and policy makers
- Create and implement a comprehensive fundraising program that raises annual and major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations
- Oversee prospect research, management of funding pipeline, and maintenance of grants calendar
- In collaboration with the Development Associate, research and write grant proposals and fulfill reporting requirements
- Marketing & Communications (MarComm)
- In collaboration with the MarComm Manager, set strategy and schedule for delivery of creative services to internal clients (Program, Recruitment, Workplace Success and DevComm) to advance key organizational priorities
- Work with Marketing & Communications Manager to develop, write and produce Annual Report, as well as solicitation and stewardship materials
- In concert with the Marketing & Communications Manager, develop a strategic communications plan to provide greater visibility in the community and improve stewardship of donors
- Assist with gathering of footage/images for development publications and videos
- Events and Corporate Sponsorship
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop a strategic plan to harness and grow corporate sponsorships
- Serve as a liaison for corporate sponsors and third-party fundraisers.
- Support the work of the MarComm Manager in organizing and executing major events
- Gift Processing and Donor Acknowledgement
- Oversee gift processing and donor relations, ensuring timely gift acknowledgements
- Oversee monthly and annual reconciliation of development and accounting records
- Facilitate contributions from crowdfunding and employee-giving platforms
- Serve as a liaison to gift accounting and development staff at Genesys Works – National
- Work with development staff at Genesys Works – National to assess and evaluate existing gift accounting process and tools, improving overall efficiency and accuracy
We seek a candidate who believes deeply in our organization’s mission and the population we serve, thrives in the dynamic work environment of a young organization, has a well-developed fundraising philosophy, can provide strong leadership and support to our Development and Communications staff, is highly organized, and is excited by the challenge of setting the vision for and building an exemplary fundraising operation.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Ability to think strategically and build successful fundraising strategies for growth
- Ability to provide high quality customer service to internal and external clients, including the board, institutional funders, corporate partners, and staff
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
- Ability to produce results independently and as part of a team
- A minimum of five years of development experience
- A minimum of two years managing full-time staff
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills
- Comfort working with fundraising databases and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational skills and a talent for creating efficiencies and refining processes
- Heart, humor and a passion for our youth development mission
Successful candidates will possess experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Program management
- Grant writing and foundation relations
- Corporate relations
- Event planning
- Marketing and communications
- Salesforce.com, Raiser’s Edge or similar donor relationship management system
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to http://www.tfaforms.com/372666.