Pictured: 2017 Think IT Scholarship Recipients
Genesys Works – Twin Cities invites you to apply for the Think IT Young Professional Scholarship! This college scholarship amounts to $8,000 over two years ($4,000 per year). Alumni must be enrolled in a four-year college or university and demonstrate financial need. The scholarship may be used for any cost of attendance at an eligible college or university, including but not limited to tuition, fees, books, room and board, etc. Recipients will also receive personal and professional advising services from the Wallin Education Partners to ensure college success and a mentor through Think IT Association for professional development opportunities. See below for more details on this opportunity!
WHO CAN APPLY?
Any Genesys Works Program Alumni who:
- Are not currently a Wallin Education Partners Scholar.
- Are first year or sophomore year college students.
- Are currently enrolled full-time in college and pursuing a bachelor’s degree at a public or private not-for-profit college or university in MN, IA, WI, SD, or ND or an HBCU anywhere in the country.
- Students who are currently enrolled at a community college and plan to transfer to a four-year college for Fall 2018 are also eligible to apply.
- Have an interest in pursuing an IT-related major or career field (preferred but not required).
- Have a college GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- If selected, scholars will need to maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher to continue in the program.
- Demonstrate a significant financial need with a family taxable income of $75,000 or less.
HOW TO APPLY?
You will need to complete an online application. The application also requires one recommendation, college transcript, and other financial information. You do not need to finish the online application in one sitting; you can save your progress, exit, and return at any time during the application period.
To begin your application, visit: http://wallinpartners.org/think-it-young-professional-scholars/. Scroll down to view the 2018 Think IT Application System Guide, and click ‘Apply to the Wallin Education Partners Scholarship Program.’
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY:
- A copy of your Fall 2017 college transcript. Transcripts must include current term GPA and cumulative GPA. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- An updated copy of your resume.
- A copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from your 2018-2019 FAFSA. If you are unable to complete the FAFSA, you can complete a financial information form.
- The name and email address of one recommender. A recommender can be a supervisor, college professor, or mentor (you should ask permission from your recommender first, so reach out to them soon!).
- Genesys Works staff cannot serve as a recommender for this scholarship.
- A personal essay and short responses to a few additional questions.
The deadline for the 2018 application is Wednesday, February 28th at 11:59pm.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Kabao Xiong, College Success Advisor