Genesys Works is looking for enthusiastic individuals who can lead, motivate and mentor youth in a manner that helps transform promising students into young professionals. Qualified individuals will also have the composure, confidence and organizational skills to manage and build relationships with the corporate clients who employ our students. The Program Coordinator I is responsible for implementing the Genesys Works core model with students and managing supporting relationships with student’s supervisors and school representatives. The ideal Program coordinator demonstrates heart, humor and a commitment to our youth development mission on a daily basis.
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to transform the lives of disadvantaged high school students through skills training, meaningful internships, and impactful relationships.
Purpose of Position
As a member of the Development Team, the Development Manager is responsible for managing institutional fundraising and individual donor portfolios. In partnership with the Development Director, this position is responsible for supporting all fundraising activities, including; helping to build and monitor the grant pipeline and donor relationship management and database reporting. This position reports to the Development Director and manages a Grants Writer.
- Institutional Fundraising (55%)
- Help to manage grants calendar and pipeline
- Maintain institutional contacts and serve as PRM for select established funders
- Ensure completion and /or delegation of select grant proposals, reports, and prospect research
- Point of contact for scheduling, preparation, and hosting select site visits
- Individual Donor Management (45%)
- In coordination with the Development team, develop and execute annual strategic work plan designed to achieve both individual goals and organization-wide priorities.
- Responsible for all aspects of the donor continuum, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Build, maintain, and monitor relationships with prospects and benefactors.
- Work closely with Genesys Works Development team on fundraising and cultivation events.
- Present timely and strategic investment opportunities to donors. Conduct follow up communications to develop and implement strategies that may involve the Executive Director, board members, staff, youth employees, and volunteers to participate in the cultivation and solicitation of individual prospects and donors.
- Deep belief in organizational mission.
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to create strong professional relationships with colleagues and donors.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate a strong and compelling case for support.
- Project management skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure.
- An affinity for technology and the ability to learn and navigate technology platforms.
- Special consideration given to those with experience using Salesforce or other fundraising database system.
- Comfort working with computers, databases, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to effectively represent the interests and fundraising priorities of the organization.
- Heart, humor, and a commitment to our youth development mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- At least three years of experience in fundraising, development, or grants management.
- Strong collaborative approach to working with others and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Creative ideas and the ability to execute on those ideas.
- Ability to work independently while simultaneously maintaining a team focus.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership for work.
- Ability to problem-solve and handle crisis situations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Must pass a background check.
- Four-year college degree, all majors considered.
- A current driver’s license and reliable access to a car.
Commitment to Diversity
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully executing our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
Physical Requirements: Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; and reaching, stooping, kneeling, and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Requests for reasonable accommodations should be sent to National Human Resources.
Compensation: Targeted annual salary is approximately $50,000 – $54,000 yearly, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, paid time off including vacation, wellness, and (10) company holidays; a 403(b) retirement plan with company match, and communication allowance.